Or is it the Evnovo Sidewinder X1?
Who knows, when I bought this back in March 2020 the company was going through a rebranding, but everywhere I look now they’re still labelled as Artillery.
Anyway, these posts are meant to document what I have done, will do, might do with the Artillery, I have to say 3D printing is somewhat addictive, can not rule out diving in deeper.
When the printer arrived and I set it up I was extremely careful to make sure the ribbon cables were seated properly when I plugged them in, I got the printer assembled and ready to go, at this point I stopped because I wanted to cycle the heatbed. I had read loads of posts about a dip in the cetntre of the heatbed and that if properly cycled there was a good chance it would sort it out.
Cycling the heatbed was simplicity itself, I removed all the bed levelling tension wheels from the plate, run the bed temperature up to 100 DegC left it there for 10 minutes, turned it off, let it cool to room temperature naturally, then did it all over again, once the bed had cooled to room temp for the second time I replaaced the tension wheels and levelled the bed.
Now we’re cooking with PLA.
Things I have changed on the machine to date:
- Printed the Heatbed cable relief chain and installed it.
- Printed and installed a Raspberry Pi Camera mount.
- Built a Raspberry Pi, added a camera to it and installed OctoPrint to control it.
- Changed Camera Module for one with Night Vision so that I could turn my lights off.
- Changed the Z-Axis stepper motor couplers.
- Levelled the Z-Axis gantry.
- Raised the Z-Axis rods away from the stepper motors so that there is a proper gap.
- Cleaned all the grease off and relubricated with PTFE Dry Lube.
That is not much to be fair and the printer is performing well.
Things I am considering doing or am in the process of doing:
- Trying out quality nozzles in varying sizes (in progress with nozzles on the way).
- Printing cable strain relief for the ribbon cables.
- installing Z-Axis stabilisers.
- Installing a bltouch for auto-bed levelling.
- Updating the mainboard firmware (Mandatory for ABL).
- Updating the screen firmware (Not sure if this mandatory or not).
- Replace bed with an aluminium one, temperature varies wildly across the glass one.
- Possibly upgrading the mainboard to a 32bit one along with the bltouch.
I am not getting paid for sharing these links, I’m just being kind.
- Heatbed Cable Strain Relief – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3863626
- Raspberry Pi Camera Mount – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4361821
- My Camera Holder for MakerHawk – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4795037
- Z-Axis couplers – https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YYBQHVX/
- PTFE Dry Lubricant – https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006UCJ4Z4
- MakerHawk Camera – https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071718FDK
- The Toolkit I used for most of this – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BMM74FD
I’ll be updating this post if I make changes or maybe with some more photos, but it’s getting late now so I’ll say cheerio for now.